Your roof is one of the most important piece in your home for shelter and for keeping sun, rain, wind, snow, and hail out of buildings. Roofs serve another function: they provide an installation surface for important housing and building systems.
- Gutters collect rainwater and carry it away to downpipes for dispersal away from a building
- Solar panels absorb sunshine that heats water
- Skylights let light into buildings
- Vent pipes in roofs facilitate properly functioning plumbing
- Satellite dishes and antennas provide signal reception for devices
- Lightning rods attract and redirect damaging high voltage electricity